View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #722
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
Summer Activities

Was up at Brian Head a few days ago. Had a bit of time to cruise around on the WRR. Big project digging a new lake in the meadow. Hope it turns out well.

Might change our winter patterns with the snow mobiles and tubes, but we'll find a place. On the plus side the lake will give us another place to play with the kayaks.

Looking down on the excavation pit.

My son on the ATV, not waiting around for any more pics. He's ready to ride!!!

Did Mystery Canyon in Zion with sister and nephew yesterday. Here's me tossing the rope at the top of the Mystery Spring rappel.

With my nephew in a wet part of the canyon.

Recent rain made this water landing about chest deep. For those interested, "Mystery Lake" is 1/2 full. Water is about waist deep, still relatively fresh and not too cold. I'll spare you the pics of the floating debris.

They always leave me to deal with the rope in the water.

Sister going down the last rap into the Narrows. Always an audience of curious onlookers down below. Most common question: "Where the hell are you coming from?"

Keeping with the waterfall and rappelling theme, I'll add a few pics from our recent trip to Costa Rica. This is my son and wife rappelling down a 160 ft. drop. Lots of water for my son on the left rope.

My wife a little further down canyon. All wet all the time. Fun!

Two happy campers. Almost the same size.

Thanks for checkin' in. Heading to CA (Bay Area) for a week. More moto rides in St. George area starting in mid-August. Ride safely out there.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote