View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
stretch160 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiknmunky View Post
Hey, I'm down with that! That's the kinda riding I like. Post up when you get your bike sorted.
Thought I might head out somewhere tomorow,maybe the Gorges & Wolf mt. I don't know. If anyone is interested.
argh.... it's taking a little longer than expected. I don't know if the DR will be ready by this weekend. I'll PM you when I can ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1worshipguy View Post
That's the kind of stuff I want to get to but I'm not there yet. I've been on street bikes too long and have to unlearn some stuff. Plus I've got to learn how to handle a GS Adventure off pavement.

Anyway, want to get there at some point. So I'll keep up with this thread and look to ride at some point.

Tomorrow, I'm actually riding with a group from church (our 1st Saturday ride that happens every month, rain or shine). The only deal is most are street only, only me and another guy on a GS Adventure. It's open to anyone that rides though.

Talk to you later.
The GS1200 is a bug bike, but some people can do pretty amazing things with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI378 View Post
I am new to the area and I'm on an 05 Tiger so I can't go some places the DR will but I'm looking to learn my way around the Upstate. Would love to find some like minded and either understanding or less skilled riders to explore with.
I'd like to ride with you. We could stick to the dirt roads and stay off the ATV trails if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread117 View Post
Nice pics stretch.

I'm in Brevard, just up the mountain from some of you. I've got a KLR that I run around on. I travel a fair amount for work, sometimes on short notice, but if any of you want to ride shoot me a PM and if I'm home I'll go.

I know a lot of the stuff north and west of Brevard and am slowly getting acquainted with the stuff south and east of here.

I'm content running around with the big adv bikes or the smaller dual sports either way. Though if I'm the biggest bike in the group I'll be swapping sprockets and tires to try and cheat my way into keeping up with the little bikes on the rough stuff

Looking for some examples to post, I realized I need to stop more to take photos. I don't have anything from most of my rides.

:
Sweet, looks like you have found some spots I haven't yet. I recognize the spot in the last pic, but not the first two. I look forward to riding with you when I get the DR back on the road. I probably can share some new spots with you too. I'm still hoping to have it done by this weekend..keeping up with me isn't an issue, I'm slow. I prefer the first gear stuff anyway. The only other rider I've ridden with off road was on a gen1 KLR.

stretch160 screwed with this post 08-05-2013 at 12:47 PM
stretch160 is offline   Reply With Quote