View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #17927
Manray
Killing Time

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsonbw View Post
I know I will get biased results here but what the hell, let's see what happens.

I currently have a 2006 Scrambler and 2005 Tiger. I bought the Tiger because I found the Scram not very convenient to commute to work on. I wanted to be able to carry my laptop safely and dry as well as something, well, more mile eating. I have a 30 mile commute and found that the scram was just not in its zone doing secondary highway cruising with the purpose of being transportation. The Tiger does this job well and with 2 Givi 30L cases I have room to spare for laptop, bag, raingear, helmet etc.

Now, the problem: I expected to love the Tiger or find it of no added benefit and sell one or the other. However, I took the Tiger on a 7 hour trip to the Smokies and it was fabulous. I only had ridden a couple hour trips before that and just loved the ability to stand up, sit down, rear pegs, rear seat, etc. Never an issue with finding a place to be comfortable. I haven't done this on the scram and I have the same basic trip coming up again this fall. I think I will trailer the bike to save time and ride at night, so no reason to have a mile eater.

The real problem is I only ride enough to justify one motorcycle. I don't need the money, but at the same time it is taking up space and I ride each one only a couple times a month. For whatever reason I just like getting in my car eating breakfast and drinking coffee, completely unthought and last minute. The scam is the bike I love to ride. It sounds awesome and is a hoot to ride. The ability to customize it to look like what you want is a real selling point for me. But when I think about that trip on the Tiger I just think: a better windscreen and its the perfect bike. I would change nothing, not one thing.

Thoughts???
The Scram can also carry 2 side cases and a top case for your needs....

[IMG][/IMG]

[

Manray screwed with this post 01-22-2014 at 11:55 AM
Manray is offline   Reply With Quote