View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
BSUCardinalfan OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
but not before finding a giant pink elephant magician!

actually, the funny thing about this picture (which is a screen grab from a gopro video) is that neither of us noticed it at the time, and it wasn't until I was reviewing the video that I saw it!

We crossed that bridge on the right of the picture and entered Prairie du Chien. We then proceeded on 27 up to Viroqua, Wisconsin. 27 was not as fun to ride as it looked on the map, but we WERE a bit behind schedule.

In Viroqua, (which for various reasons I've now visited three times) we stopped for a late lunch at Dave's Pizza.

Even though it was after 1 pm, we weren't all that hungry since we had that monster breakfast earlier. So we split a sandwich and then went next door for an ice cream.

We then set off on 82 and north on 131 (both very pleasant roads). My goal was Wildcat Mountain State park. Wildcat Mountain has a stretch of road that is a short, poor man's tail of the dragon. I wanted to ride it because it is fun, and I wanted Mrs. BSU to get the experience of a truly twisty and hilly road. I have some gopro video that I'll post up, but as usual those videos are boring as heck to watch unless something nutty happens. Luckily, nothing nutty happened at all. but here is a screenshot.

After wildcat mountain, we took a right on F, back to 131, and then a left on P. Both of these roads were ideal.

We then hit 82 and made a left to head to our destination for the evening. We discovered we were in Amish country, as we passed 7 or 8 buggies on the roads.

Our destination for the night was the Blue Highway Motorcycle Lodge. Once again, I missed a turn, so I activated Siri on my iphone and had her navigate us there. Only she took us down a few very rural roads, and then announced that we needed to park and walk to our destination - and we were not within 'walking' distance of anything! Not good.

BSUCardinalfan screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 07:50 AM
BSUCardinalfan is offline   Reply With Quote