Thread: Manx gp!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
vfxdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
It's all actually a bit of a clusterf*** because the Manx GP is being promoted and run separately to the Classic TT, but the powers that be are hoping everyone will think it is all the same event.

There's even a third event to be taken into account over at Jurby- the VMCC Festival.

I am really interested in going to the Classic TT and think it's a shame that it is not being run at the same time as the MGP, as I can't take that much time off. I would have had a go at getting over for the Classic, but of course the ferries are full. You'd think that the Tourist Board and the Steam Packet Co would grasp the opportunity to grab some of those cross-channel ferries that are sitting doing nothing, but then that would mean they would have plenty of capacity and wouldn't be able to gouge us all as much as they usually manage.

I've spoken to a few people who think it's all going on simultaneously, but the reality is than when they get there, some of it will be over and done with.

Still, there are going to be some great sights and sounds, whichever bit you make it to.
vfxdog is offline   Reply With Quote