View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbee800 View Post
Would this work temporarily as a battery substitute. I have had a situation where my battery had suddenly lost a cell and dropped to 10v. I was able to start the bike by a jump start, but because of the very low voltage of the battery, the bike would not stay running unless a high rev was maintained. If I had this device could I disconnect the battery and temporarily connect this device in place of my battery to get back to civilization?
Hi Bum,

I would not recommend that use due to the fact that this is a different lithium chemistry and we don't have enough testing in for this particular situation. I can suggest the use as a jump starter which will get you on the road again.... but then try to keep the revs high by riding in a lower gear until you get home. The bike should have stayed running once going but the problem is many bikes alternator/startor/charging systems only kick in above 3000 rmps... so you were not getting any spark, but you should have your system checked definately. The bike should have stayed running.

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote