View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,491
I heard a little bit about this event tonight. It sounds really good.

Saturday is riding up in the Tahoe National forest, with what sound like great A and B loops.

Sunday is down in the Toiyabe National forest with trails going over Peavine mountain and a catered lunch on the backstretch of the Reno National Air races. Do some riding, stop for a catered lunch and watch the planes race, then finish off the days riding. Great!

Also, both days have an Adventure loop, which I guess includes some small road/twisty pavement stuff and some easy forest dirt roads. And they said that if they get something like 75 riders signed up for the Adventure loops they will make a $10,000 contribution to the Blue Ribbon Coalition! Not a bad donation!

Here is what I just found on the website about the Adventure ride.

The Adventure route is designed for motorcycles like BMW GS models, Suzuki V-Stroms and Kawasaki KLRs. It visits some of the best scenery in the area including Mt. Rose, Lake Tahoe, historic Truckee, Frenchman Lake and several Sierra meadows. It's designed to be fun rather than physically challenging and there are no stretches of soft sand, steep hills or big rocks. If you want more excitement please ride the Dual Sport course.

The Adventure Ride is about 230 miles long and two short cuts are provided. There are about 100 miles of fairly smooth dirt roads. The full 230 miles will require an early start and steady progress. Note that there are 130 miles after lunch. In the alternative, you may start late, linger around Lake Tahoe and take a short cut in the afternoon.

Dual sport tires designed for 10 percent dirt / 90 percent pavement and pressures of about 25 to 30 psi are recommended. All roads are open to public two way traffic. Expect oncoming vehicles at any time, ride safely and observe speed limits. This is not a race and there are no rewards for taking risks.

Entry fee includes roll charts, GPS tracks, a t-shirt, two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners! And they are giving away a TL 125 trials bike!
Too bad I'm out of town and will miss the event, but you guys should jump in and fill this thing up. It sounds like a great time.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote