View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #1037
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephvman View Post
Anybody got any permanent scars from their DE? I've got one up high on my left cheek, a Merkur Futur with a fresh Feather. When I say this one dug in hard, it dug in hard! Probably two years ago, and I'm pretty sure this one is with my forever. At least it's in a good spot and adds a bit of character!
Nope..and that's one of the reasons I sold my Futur. Too big, too heavy and too aggressive....not enough headroom for my not being 100% perfect with technique. I'm much happier with my Merkur long handle (non adjustable) and the handful of 60s-70s Gillettes.

On another note...we took our daughters to a local huge mall as a surprise for them. They did great in school last year and are generally great kids. We don't give allowances so this trip each was handed a wad of cash and told to have fun. As I was walking along what do I see but a Art of Shaving store! Woohoo!! Badger nutsack hair brushes galore! I can't bring myself to pay that kind of money for the brushes, but I did spring for a $25 tub of their Lavender shaving cream. I'm cheap so that's really saying something. Smells great and lathers up thick. The 2 hipster/steampunk dudes working the store were helpful and knowledgeable without being pushy.

What was a bit disappointing was the huge collection of fancy handles holding modern multi-blade cartridges. I guess they need to support everyone.

BTW, buy their stuff on Amazon and save $7....I wish I had!

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote