I've been contacted numerous times this past month about our plans for Dakar '14. I've been busy building my (non Dakar) business, caring for my son and enjoying our summer - yet we have not stopped working towards the upcoming Dakar and Freedom Rally Racing.
Some highlights of what's going on currently -
- 3 riders so far. Have room for 1 more
- Building and prepping rally bikes
- Support truck being sent off for an overhaul
- Shopping for a new motorhome
- 2 mechanics have been signed
- Rally bikes for sale and/or lease; both new and used
- Revamped support packages
- Added spectator packages
- Working a new dedicated website
- Working on 2014 Tshirt designs
Busy, busy, busy! I am going to start getting our previous years videos and photos put together so I can share links with you & will post in this thread. Start sharing our events and builds etc. Lots of visual....because that's really what we care about, right =)
I just uploaded Part 1 from a Dakar Q and A seminar we did. Stories from team owner, Mike Stanfield, team manager and lead mechanic, Scott Spears, and infamous 150 pilot, Luis Belaustegui.
Here is the video link - Enjoy! http://youtu.be/BjXcdYxVK2M