View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
ParaMud OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Alaska: 2 Cylinders to Alaska...

This ride is a ride I have been dreaming about since I first saw it on advrider. At the time I was deployed in Iraq and spent the little free time I had planning a cross country trip with some friends. The ride went great and we had some fun. I lost the urge to go to Alaska after the trip. I did some small rides to Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon but then started to get into riding more aggressively. I started to ride the track, and with support of my girlfriend, I started to race. I did one full year of racing and had an awesome time.

She was my umbrella girl.

I decided that racing was way to unsafe and I wanted to include Natalie. I ran the idea past natalie and she said she would go to Alaska! So I started to research and find money and bikes to do the trip. I sold my FZ1 and bought 2 KLR 650s. We modified them to fit the trip and did a bunch of test rides. These rides and small reports can be found in my planning stage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810964

So we have the bikes.

Mine and hers

So we are both college students and finish the school year at the end of May. We have to wait until June 24th to leave due to a wedding being on the 23rd and Natalie being the maid of honor. So we start the painful wait for the 24th to leave.

******The trip is already done and we are home safe, just in a couple pieces***********