View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
ParaMud OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
So we are waiting around for the wedding. Natalie goes to the bachelorette party in Las Vegas. After coming back, Natalie gets a call that the wedding is cancelled! We get to leave early. So we are set to leave on June 19th now!!!

We rush to get everything ready and go to bed early for an early start.

We get up and call the family to say we are leaving.

Take a parting shot with my nifty small tripod.

We head up the 101 to avoid the heat.

We eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the gas station parking lot.

Then we get back on the 101 freeway and go along at a decent pace. 70ish mph. I go to pass a car and the car in front of me slows down and waves at me frantically. I look in my mirror and only see a cloud of dust.

I stop and go the opposite way of traffic and see Natalie on a dirt section of the freeway. I drop my bike and run to her. She is responsive but in a lot of pain from her shoulder. I take off her boots and gloves. Luckily an off duty fireman and a nurse stop to help. We stabilize her neck. She then starts begging/crying to take her gear off so they wont cut it off when the fireman gets here.

She managed to slide her hurt shoulder out of the gear and then we try to get her comfortable. The ambulance and firemen arrive and they remove her helmet properly. They load her on the backboard and take her to the local trama center. We are luckily 5 minutes away from one. I pick my bike up and follow the ambulance to the ER. I let the police take care of her bike and tow it to a yard.

I wait outside the ER for a bit and get called in to see her.

She was in shock and was pretty cold so they wrapped her in blankets. They took xrays and found she had a broken shoulder blade, 3 ribs in the back under the shoulder blade area, and a bruised lung. They were worried about the lung. We talk and she is crying because she ruined the trip on the first day.

----
It is time to go to take a shower and go to bed. Later!