View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #105
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
Copley, Leigh Creek

Leaving the amazing Flinders Ranges I ventured back to the main road heading north. I stayed a night at the old Copley pub to charge batteries and have bit of a clean up after nearly a week riding around in the glorious dirt and dust of the National Park.

The original Leigh Creek was found to be sitting on top of a large "Brown Coal" deposit. They moved the whole town kilometres down the road to get to it. Money talks, towns walk! Talking to some of the mine workers at the friendly bar, they said the coal is transported down to Port Augusta and used for power generation.

Open cut coal hole.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Big Rigs!

TONKA TITAN

World record tyre!

Cab winch internals

Coal mine panorama

Leaving the coal mine I was amazed to find a pair of black swans in a slag heap puddle. With reminders of my home state, I headed north to go check out a much bigger puddle, the amazing Lake Eyre...
Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote