View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
ParaMud OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
So we wait a week and see how Natalie is feeling. She seems decent enough, just in a lot of pain. We go to a local doc and get her off the narcotics and onto a strong non narcotic pain reliever. She gives me the go ahead to look for a bike suitable for 2 up. I sell m KLR 650, sv650, and her car to help pay off the health insurance deductible and buy the new bike.

We go to a BMW dealer and look at the used bikes. We went to look at a cheap tourer but found it to be to small. We saw a used BMW R1150RT, but it was to expensive.

I look on craigslist and find a 1997 BMW R1100RT that is around the right price and has saddlebags. We go check the bike out and it looks great.

So I am just not sure if the clutch is toast or if it is just the feel of a new to me bike. I cant get the bike to slip under acceleration but just feel weird. I change the fluids on the bike and change the air filter and get the bike loaded for the trip.

I installed the tail bag that was on my KLR.

Here is how the bike is loaded.

Tank Bag: Electronics, bear spray, maps, misc personal stuff
Tailbag: Cooking supplies, food, toiletries
On top of saddlebags: Dry bag with sleeping bag/mat
Left saddlebag: clothes
right saddlebag: shoes and rain gear
on top of tailbag: tent
On dry bag: camelback which is natalies purse.

So we go to Natalies doctor appointment and the doctor says he wont say we cant go. We take that as a good to go. So 2 weeks after the crash, we are ready to go again!