View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
ParaMud OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
So we go to LA to meet her brother.

He just got a new bike. A triumph bonneville. We then go to starbucks and they treat us to breakfast!

We ride back to the freeway and say good bye to them.

We head up the coast on the 101 again. We find Natalies crash spot. It is the only spot within 50 miles where there is run off. She is definitely lucky. On the way up the coast, I notice that the clutch is slipping at full throttle. With all the weight on it now, the symptoms of a bad clutch is pretty evident. I stop at a gas station and call the BMW shop in San Jose. They have the clutch plate in stock!

We head over to the BMW shop and buy the clutch plate. The most I have done on this bike is take off the left side panel which takes 17 screws! I have heard that replacing the clutch on these is a pain. The BMW shop is about to close and they give me a number to a local mechanic who could possibly do it. I call him and he quotes me about 6 hours and he can do it for me a month from now. That is no help!!!

So we buy a clymer manual. Since the only tools I brought was the bike tool kit, we headed over to a Oreilly's Auto Store in case we need to buy tools.

After riding 450 miles that day, we start to dissemble the bike in the parking lot.