Thread: Speaking of Id
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
junglemototours OP
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Those dates look good for me, we truck-pooling?

Don't you ever work? Huckleberry season is through late August.....
We'll talk, speaking of; Maybe you guys want to get together on truck/trailer pooling?

Baumgartner is closed now due to fires, I may never get to ride there

I got an email from Dave Wood this wkend;
"Plan is starting to come together? Stanley area.

Should be able to confirm in the next week or so?

Scott Link (Alpinestar National Sales Manager), Jeff Skeen (BakeBandit.com) and his son, Cory, plan to fly up on Sept. 5th. Ride Sept 6-9 and fly home on Sept 10. I think they plan to rent a room in Stanley? Perhaps a cabin? They will rent a car at the airport and drive up to Stanley.

I will haul bikes up and camp in my RV. Bill Dart will join me.

I will likely extend the trip a few days, on the front and/or back of the trip?

May be a couple other riders, listed below, who join us?

Ross Williams, owns Red Bird Mine, near Clayton. Some good trails out his way. May spend a day or two in this area?
Gary Drews may come up with me? Won't confirm until the end of the month. Large construction project and it depends what dates he needs to spray units? Drywall contractor.
Brian Lamb. Local, lives in Challis.
Brad McNew. Local, lives in Twin Falls."

So I'm thinking with possible continued closure of Baumgartner area (and hoping fires don't pop up in other areas-stay flexible) that we start at Kirkham Hot Springs (pay camp rt off hwy 21) or a near by free camp area and ride a day or two in the Lowman area. Good stuff.

We can gather the troops there and then move up to Stanley area, I know a cool free camp area there

I also have a buddy with a cabin there who called me last week.....
No gas, cell or markets after Boise until Stanley...

junglemototours screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 08:33 PM Reason: idaho spuds
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote