View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf View Post
But FWIW I met an aduana official at the El Salvador/Honduras border who had a looseleaf book with samples of titles from all 50 states, including detailed illustrations and descriptions of all security features--microprinting, iridescent ribbons, watermarks, holograms, you name it. You can't duplicate any of that on a color photocopy, and if you know what to look for the copies are blindingly obvious.
Yep, I saw the same book, same border, El Amatillo IIRC. They wanted to see my title. Unfortunately, the official was neither stupid, nor lazy. I showed the aduana gal my near perfect color copy, she held it up to the light to look for the watermark, hands it back to me and says "no good, its a copy." So I had to go dig out the original.

El Amatillo was the only CA border that wanted to see my title. Quite a few borders in SA wanted to see my title.

One thing you have to get used to is that rules and requirements change often depending on the official, the particular day, the weather, tide levels, and the moon cycle.

crashmaster screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 08:48 PM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote