View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #26
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Make sure your Mexican policy carries sufficient coverage for the changes in amounts awarded in accidents. The system was overhauled earlier this year and all vehicles in Mexico will be obligated to carry insurance.
Most policies will be ok, buy from a reputable agency and make sure you have "asistencia legal" unless you happen to be a fully accredited Mexican corporate and criminal lawyer.

I've actually has to use the legal assistance once. I bought the Mexican super hero policy (Ace Seguros)

I was in my pick up stopped at a light in Ensenada when a city bus came up on my right and took off my mirror. The bus kept going. Bus driver then called 066 and told the cops that I had hit him. It was pretty obvious from the mirror damage that I was stopped and he hit me. At the police station what could have taken hours to sort out (and likely turned out badly for me) was resolved with a couple of phone calls to the Ace Seguros super hero lawyer, and I was compensated for the damage to my mirror.

You may not need it often, but when you do it's is sure nice to have it.

One thing to note for those that may not travel much in Mexico, if there is vehicle contact of any kind, you have to stop and dial 066 by law. I haven't been down to Mexico in a while so I'm assuming that's still the way it works.

crashmaster screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 10:17 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote