View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Believe it or not, the Harley XR class is pretty fun to watch at Indy. Their lines all criss cross and sometimes they meet

I read Jeremy McWilliams will be back. He fell off during his first attempt. I think it was T3. Once again I'll be pulling for Tyler O'Hara this year. In 2011 he showed up as a van man on his own nickle and took home the big money. Then last season he was there for the very last turn of the last race of the year for the championship. O'Hara pulled up alongside Barney and grabbed his arm as they powered side by side to the checkers. It gave him just enough to pip Barney for the whole thing. Of course he got penalized and had to give it right back to Barney. Gotta' love those van man motorcycle racers...

Will be interesting to see if O'Hara can make up ground on Rapp this weekend. I'm pulling for Gage McAllister, another Northern California supermoto rider. He'd done one AFM club race weekend (6 wins) before Daytona where he finished 10th in his first pro road race (.8 off the winner). He finished 4th at Miller in just his 2nd XR1200 race.

Hugely disappointed that the AMA is not making the effort to televise the XR1200 races this weekend. #%&*!