View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #104
mjlang
Man Caves Rule!

Oddometer: 165
Off road report - I went out to a local riding area this morning and rode about 30 miles off road. Most of it was pretty chewed up dirt roads and some roots, rocks, and high speed jumps.

WOW... I'm really impressed. After taking out the preload, the suspension is very balanced. I found that its much more sensitive to the preload than the stock S suspension. I commented in my last post that I always thought Adventure suspensions were soggy even with .54kg springs. With the Ohlins TTX front and lengthened stock shock, the 950 felt very balanced and more like a dirt bike. I rode with my bud who had some experience on the 950 and we both agreed that when you jump the bike doesn't blow through the stroke and feel like a sack of potatoes when it lands. We weren't jumping far or high, but at a good speed while rocks, ruts with square edges, tree roots were no big deal. Before the suspension would be harsh and blow through the stroke and bottom out and I would hear popping noises in the fairings.

I rarely modify exhaust or motors on my motorcycles but I do spend money on the suspensions. This was a good investment.

'06 KTM 950 Adventure S
'07 KTM 450 EXC
mjlang is offline   Reply With Quote