View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
kelsow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,095
I was trying to find a way to get together with Geoff (Gee) from the Ride the Rock forum over the last day or 2 and we finally
met in person after 8 years of chatting online. Believe it or not, I failed to get a picture of our meeting.

It was great to finally meet Geoff and his friend he brought along. UKBri (Brian) was spending a bit more time in St John's
than planned, after his girlfriend had broken her leg on the Trans Lab. Brian was itching to get out for a spin so he joined us.

First stop was Signal Hill,

Geoff, Jason, Stever and Brian.

This city was incredibly beautiful and could see myself living here easily.

Geoff took us on a little tour of the city then we headed to Harbour Grace for coffee and Blueberry Cobbler.

Some of the roads were quite narrow,

From there it was off to this gorgeous lighthouse in Butchers.

What a spot for a tent!

Now just to get the bikes down...

Geoff on his Triumph,

At this point, Geoff and Brian had to head back to the city so we bid farewell and headed to Bonavista National Park.

But first we had to pass by one of the most famous signs in NL, Dildo,

Here is the guy we met on the ferry to NL, a few days later. It looked like he was having a great time.

We had to stop at a tourist info booth twice as their information to where you could camp was dodgy at best.
We were thinking that since it was a provincial park there would be camping. Apparently not.
We had to find something in Elliston, 10 mins down the road. A week before there were almost 2000 people in town for an event.
This week there were so few people in town, there wasn't even anyone running the campground. Sweet.

A Newfoundland dinner, (not jiggs) Bluestar and fries, dressing and gravy (FDG) Right some good b'ye

We weren't allowed to have open fires at the campsite so we had one on the beach.
While looking for driftwood, I found a dead eagle that would come into play later that night.

Woah!

As the beer flowed into the night, it was soon time to burn said eagle. It was in honour of our American friend
Dave who couldn't make the trip. We started singing "Fry like an eagle, to be free" We laughed, and got more hammered.
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote