View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #33
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,201
Wow, what am experience!

Three very full days (not counting the Thursday track walk and evening session) and a lot of tiring activity, all in the bright mid-west sun, but a great experience.

Who did My brother and i end up teamed with but Uncle Duke (Ken), the OP of this thread! That was pure coincidence, and we did not discover each other's ADV identity until last night (Saturday)! He was a great station captain, showing us the ropes, and patiently correcting us when we made mistakes, and by Sunday we felt very comfortable with all the responsibilities. We were at the outside of Turn 14, so we saw a lot of action all weekend, including Rossi's pass on Cal at Turn 16 to nab fourth, and of course Nicky's pass on Dovi in nearly the same spot!

I highly recommend this experience to all ADV'ers - because of the schedule, we decided to pass on the Mile on Saturday evening (which we LOVED last year), but we believe even with that trade-off, it was worth it.

Thanks, Ken! See you next year!

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote