View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #65
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
Don't take this as the usual leg humper line, but the pink looks very good on you! it amazes me how clean and fresh you look in all your 'pink' pictures, knowing you've been on a bike, in gear, for days!!!
Let me tell you that the color pink had a profound effect wherever I went in Alaska. The choice was a very practical one; it's made of terry cloth so I could put it on right after a shower and not have to bother with a towel, it's soft enough to double as PJ's, and most important of all, after being stinky, or sweaty, or bundled like the Michelin Man all day, it helped me to feel feminine again, at least for a little bit.

It stirred many men to act a bit weird....Mark shared with me a saying in Alaska...because there's such a different ratio of women to men, if you're a man, just get in line...

I'll also mention for any women wishing to travel there, they should know that social norms just don't exist here. Men are polite and helpful but they are also rather forward. I'll give a couple of examples. I was coming out of a cafe and eyeing the tables around me for a place to sit, all were taken but a nice fella jumped up with his coffee in hand and just grabbed my arm and shoved me down into his seat. Later that day, after getting my hair done, I walked over to some people I knew and chatted with them about it and some random guy I don't know just ran his fingers through my hair without even saying hello first.

Both events were good natured but by general definition could be pretty creepy too. So I guess I've now addressed my "men" part of the title.

SpecialAgentNancy screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 07:25 PM
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote