Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #72
ParaMud OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Day 14
We head south to Anchorage.

We didnt have a plan on what to do.

We went to Alaskan Leather

I pick up a butt pad from the bargain bin. It helps sooooooooooo much!

Natalie needs to register for school in 2 days and we need to be in a place that has a computer and internet. We regroup at the harley dealership and decide to go to seward then homer and register for classes at homer.

We head out on the Kenai Peninsula. We decide to go down to Whittier.

We are driving down the road and run into a glacier.

Natalie liked the ice cube in the water.

We keep going down the road and hit toll road. I talk to the toll operator and find out it is a one way road that goes straight through the mountain and is scary as hell for a motorcycle. We are in. Cost 10 bucks or something.

Motorcycles go at a certain time.

Have to go between the railroad track, there are jet turbines blowing wind at you, and it is wet.

We get into town and follow another motorcycle down a dirt road.

So we go into town and look for a bar with a view. We go into one bar and they have a 5th floor deck. They wont allow us on the deck, so we go to another bar in town and this one is dark when I walk in. I see another room with a view and they wont allow us to go in there. So we head back to the tunnel a bit pissed off.

We head back and go up to seward. We hit some rain and run into a bar the next corner. We head into the bar, gets some drinks and order some appetizers. We get talking to a german guy and talk to him for an hour. He picks up our tab!

A couple miles after leaving the bar we turn off down a powerline road and set up camp.

Miles: 270