View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #107
CanningOz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Your certainly the first one ive heard that's complained about the power ;)

What your explaining is exactly what was built into this engine though, they took some power away from the top end (rc8r style) and increased the torque for it to be more dirt orientated.. After riding an F650 800 twin for as long sa I have I love the power increase ;)

You sound like you ride it hard, so a good person to ask this, if you give it to it in sports with Traction on, will it just hold there in the air during a wheelie or can it go past the balance point? Seems that the traction isnt as intrusive in the later part of 2nd to 3rd gear.. as thats when it always decides to surprise me n pop ;)
No, it doesn't hold the front up even in sports mode. It cuts the power and puts the front back on the ground. Same in second and third - is somewhat frustrating and I would like to work out how to get around it. Would be good to have TC when bike is leaning over hard, but still be able to lift the front any time you want when the bike has straightened up a bit.

I'm really not complaining about the power, only to say that it tapers off above 9k when you want it to keep going.

Keep in mind that I do really like this bike, but this thread specifically asks for what you don't like.
CanningOz is offline   Reply With Quote