View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #38
bigphish
Curiously Satisfying

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
I used to think that way too, but as I've gotten older (more mature? Softer? Less hardcore about riding?) my philosophy on this has changed. If you've got a lot of ground to cover to get to an area you want to ride , why not trailer there? There's nothing wrong with that.

I've done 2 trips like this in the last few years. One was with my dad who really wanted to ride the Dragon, but as he's in his late 70s and not completely healthy, there was no way he was going to ride there. I rented a trailer and we spent 3 days riding the area. Another time my family and I were invited to a wedding in Manitou Springs CO. So I trailered my bike out. I really enjoyed driving across Nebraska, talking with the wife & kids, listening to music, and precisely adjusting the a/c along the way. Would have been a boring ride there. Once we got there I was fresh and really felt like riding, and had a great time.

So depending g on the kind of trip you have in mind, I wouldn't dismiss this entirely.
After just completing a 7,000 mile 10 state trip leaving from Wi. I agree with this post. Next years planned trip out west my brother and I will trailer motos from Wi to Rapid City and take off from there. The highway, highspeed blast across the plains does nothing for me except tire me out.

94 CB 1000 " Big One "
K7 DL 1000
bigphish is offline   Reply With Quote