View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #25533
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Cat Herders! Greetings from Richmond. Quick question some of you may have an answer to:

I signed up for the Shenandoah 500, I was going to tent camp but this weekend, my wife and kids stated that they want to tag along in the RV and hang out at the campground during the day. Does anyone know if historically there have been other kids/families hanging out during the day. Are there things to do in the Mt. Solon? I see that they have a playground and some trails at the campground. I just don't want them getting bored. (They can always throw in a DVD and kick back on the sofa in the RV, or play with the iPods, but that defeats the purpose of camping)
If I take my DRZ instead of the 800GS, which I will probably do, I may let one of the kids ride pillon for a while. Does the route typically take you far from the campground or could I feasibly take one of my kids for a 1-2 hour ride and drop them back off at the campground with mom?
Thanks!
Eddy
I went once. It was a great ride. It starts at a regular family campground with all the amenities and is very full of families. The ride , when I did it went a long way from the campground and continued to get farther away till the mid point and then started looping back. Not particularly good for taking along a passenger with the idea of dropping them off and continuing.

If I was going again and had the choice of bikes you mention, the 400 would be coming with and the 800 would be resting comfortably at home.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote