View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #25535
littlelionmonster
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Cat Herders! Greetings from Richmond. Quick question some of you may have an answer to:

I signed up for the Shenandoah 500, I was going to tent camp but this weekend, my wife and kids stated that they want to tag along in the RV and hang out at the campground during the day. Does anyone know if historically there have been other kids/families hanging out during the day. Are there things to do in the Mt. Solon? I see that they have a playground and some trails at the campground. I just don't want them getting bored. (They can always throw in a DVD and kick back on the sofa in the RV, or play with the iPods, but that defeats the purpose of camping)
If I take my DRZ instead of the 800GS, which I will probably do, I may let one of the kids ride pillon for a while. Does the route typically take you far from the campground or could I feasibly take one of my kids for a 1-2 hour ride and drop them back off at the campground with mom?
Thanks!
Eddy
The CG is also close to Todd Lake, which has some good trails and a like to swim in, if its warm enough.....

Mt Solon is a 4 way intersection with stop signs and a broke down fire engine, so not much "to do" there.

There's also Stokesvilles CG, which has a small observatory, I think. Don't know much about it though.

Buy my Jetta TDI
Buy my jacket
littlelionmonster is online now   Reply With Quote