View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #17487
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Is anyone going just for the weekend to Shen? I'm about out of PTO at work and am wondering if it's worth it for just the weekend.
I most likely will not be heading up until Friday myself. Was going to go up early, but have a lot going on at work and probably not a great idea to miss additional time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtViking View Post

Hooliken,

I guess you found your shen500 bike. Think you'll be much happier on that. Would like to see that 950 out there though. Intrigued by that big ass dirt bike! If you'd like to exercise your new bike over at dn and/or Oceana, let me know. Trying to ride dirt at least once a week until the Shen.
Jon
I am actually kicking the idea around of taking both bikes up there.
Is the SE a competent DS bike? You bet your ass. But if there is ample mud, or slippery conditions, picking up a 450 lb moto loses its charm fast. I have ran some pretty nasty single track on it, and it does just fine, when there's traction.

Any time you want to take her for a spin, let me know. If you have never ridden one, it is well worth the time. I have yet to ride another moto that compares to it. I have had 5 years to get her pretty well sorted. She is a little rich on the start/idle circuit (not enough to pull the carbs again ) but absolutely rips in the mid and up top.

Will have plenty of room in my truck and trailer for another bike and gear if anybody wants to save some money and "moto-pool" up. Plan on leaving out earlyish Friday and returning Sunday.

Cheers Ken