View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #17490
DirtViking
SKOL!

Oddometer: 372
Agree with Daaang about a 2nd bike. Savetosave was literally saved last year by bringing his 2nd bike. It's a good insurance policy. I've thought about bringing my kdx as well, just not sure about the room though. Still working on those details.

Would love to try out that big beast sometime. Thanks for the offer. Maybe us Shen guys could meet up for some type of ride before we head out to the mountains??? It wouldn't be a bad idea to place some faces to names...

What kind of tires are you putting on your KTM? Just curious. I'm debating whether I should change my rear before going out there. I currently have a MX51 on it. It's great offroad, but suffers on the pavement. I'd hate to get anything that's good on pavement because I feel as though I'd lose something in the rough stuff. I may just replace it with the same tire. Haven't decided though.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
I am actually kicking the idea around of taking both bikes up there.
Is the SE a competent DS bike? You bet your ass. But if there is ample mud, or slippery conditions, picking up a 450 lb moto loses its charm fast. I have ran some pretty nasty single track on it, and it does just fine, when there's traction.

Any time you want to take her for a spin, let me know. If you have never ridden one, it is well worth the time. I have yet to ride another moto that compares to it. I have had 5 years to get her pretty well sorted. She is a little rich on the start/idle circuit (not enough to pull the carbs again ) but absolutely rips in the mid and up top.

Will have plenty of room in my truck and trailer for another bike and gear if anybody wants to save some money and "moto-pool" up. Plan on leaving out earlyish Friday and returning Sunday.

Cheers Ken
DirtViking is offline   Reply With Quote