View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #73
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafn8td View Post
Thanks Chris. Saving my $$ for the LCD. I like to tinker, so it will be worth it.

Tahoeacr, I'll change the 100% to 12.8 for all rpm's. So are you saying change the 0% throttle from 500 to 2250 rpm to 14.1? it's idling right now at 13.5 or so.
Here is some tinkering for you.

Go with 14.1 up to 20% and 4,500RPM. This is your closed loop MPG area. Some engines will idle smoother at 13.1-13.5. If yours idles better at that then leave it there. After 20% TPS you want to add fuel evenly until you get to 12.8. Kinda like this,

but we are starting at 14.1. Ride with that map for a couple hundred miles. Pull the map then save it to your laptop. Make another one and set everything to 12.2. More fuel like this on the bottom will increase torque a little. Ride with this map for a few hundred miles. If you can't tell a difference, put the other map in. If you find some areas that you like the second map better (richer map) then add fuel to the first map in that area and try it. Anything you change in the closed loop area "<20%TPS" will effect MPG.
Report back on your findings for others to try.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote