View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #896
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Michael,

There are a few surprises I found when utilizing the Overlander 30 bags, those issues were covered in this thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=overlander

where I did a comparison of the Giantloop Coyote and the Kriega Overlander 30 bags. This being the Vendor thread I thought it might be inappropriate to post in this thread. PM me if you'd like portions relative to the Kriega bags posted here.

Yes the Over-the-seat-strap issue is my primary concern. i understand the bags are off road focused, as is most of my riding. Sadly there are very few places in the world where I can connect a weeks worth of off road riding without utilizing pavement connection sections. Therefore I am just a bit disappointed that there was not a better solution rather than the Camlock buckle in the middle of the seat. This however being the first design of the Overlander 30 bags I'm hoping Kriega can utilize customer feedback and critique in hopeful further product upgrades, much as GiantLoop did to create an improved Coyote bag.

Micheal can you help me understand what your trying to achieve with the suggestion of further tightening the seat strap to raise the bags slightly? I'll most certainly give it a go, but always like to understand the logic behind the thinking in case I am missing anything basic.

As my arm gets closer to 100% healed I'll be acquiring more pics of your bags in action. Today I loaded them up for another test run. This time mounted farther forward to see if it improved the bag stability.

If you get a chance to read the review and have any suggestions in terms of mounting I'm all ears.

Again thank you for all the help.
Well, it seems traveltoad beat me to the punch once more...

What he said is absolutely spot-on. You can definitely get that seat strap a lot further back, so that it is no more - and quite possibly less - intrusive than a GL pack positioning. But if you do get a bit of garage time and would like me to talk you through a few configurations, do let me know. Happy to Skype your cell, landline or computer, so no problem if you're still abroad.

Looking forward to more photos of your rides. And kudos for the ground-sleeping, bivvy bag, 'tarp' action - I imagine the forest floor crawlers over there are no joke!

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote