View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #2836
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,327
1150 GSA relace n true,,,,$$$,,,???

''Hey Woody. I have a set of blue BMW spoked wheels for my '04 1150 adventure that need to be disassembled, laced and trued. What is your normal turn around time for that? I may ship them one at a time just to spread the cost over time. I will also have a second set that likely need to have the same work done, but that can wait a few months, again to spread the cost out.''

typical question,,,

simply put it depends upon:

1,,, how much we have to disassemble and the corrosion factor ,,mainly where the spoke goes thru the rim,,,,it's awell documented fact that ya can spend a half a day hammering/lubricating/heating/pushing pulling and twisting /even drilling the spokes out of the rim...that cost runs from $30=easy to $150 very difficult

2,,,re-lace n true = $150

3,,,turn around same day to several days or an extra week if we re-anodize your rims.

4,,,cost effective wise,,,NOW is the time to do any upgrades,because of the circa $200 y a have to spend anytime ya disassemble them,,,
minimally you'll spend $150 lace n true + $30 to yank all the grub screws and nipples out,,clean n lube all the threads in nipple and on each spoke..they have to be immaculate for proper torque readings.

OPTIONS

1,,replace steel/rusty nipples with new trick longer SS ones adds circa $100 /wheel
2,,,strip/reanodize your blue[or usually whatever shade they have dis-colored to] rims $75 ea [satin black looks real good
3,,,upgrade to beefier SSS spokes and nipples $250/kit /ea
4,,,polish spokes n nipples $60 ea
5,,,redo the hubs $200-260/pr
6,,,bearing service /replace $40-80 depending [ie parts n labor]

holler n thanks for the inquiry...

woody

PS,,once again,,,folks please post your questions here so everyone can share the info....
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 08-22-2013 at 06:28 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote