View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martynho View Post
My 2010 990R now has close to 80,000kms on it. Admittedly I did have the top end refreshed and new rings put in at 50K after it swallowed something nasty in Bolivia. I had some immobilser issues (solved) and had to replace a dodgy TPS but no biggie. Other than that it is remarkably reliable given the treatment it gets here in Chile

Point is, the 990ADV is the last big RACE DIRTBIKE made for the road. Given its replacement and other alternatives out there right now, makes it a keeper like you say. I will just keep on top of mine and run it forever
^This

No other MFG sells a big ass comfortable dirtbike like the adventure, it's one of a kind.

On the mileage matter, people are fearsome of every bike with high mileage. Not only of KTM's.
And they are scared because they don't know any better. Allot of people think 50k is like the end of a bikes enginelife.
They also resort to the dealership for every little fart so they are scared if it is not called Honda or BMW. Because they believe those 2 brands are synonyms for reliability.

The branding of KTM is still in the unreliable category.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote