View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #20246
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Jake couldn't agree more too... I do wish there was some compromise that could be made... And good point about 9 Mile. Basically I think its when they frack it and these wells become really profitable they are willing to put $$ down for a pipeline and make it work. There is a law that allows them to put in a pipe line and that that point it would be 'paved' even if was dirt.. pretty sure there's one under the road in 9 mile.. But it also still has to go through another round of public comment to allow building of it, but by then its usually too late...

Here are photos of when we were up in the area last fall with Harcus and gisKEV, these are some of the old uranium and seizemic roads, up on Cedar Mesa. The roads up there are pretty fast and groomed already so this is where I was thinking it really didn't matter too much to me. This was a great little section but a road to nowhere. I spent about a month checking out almost all of the old seismic roads on the maps and google maps in the area in an effort to stay off the groomed roads. This is north of buckhorn...

some of the land and "unimpressive tundra" - also lots of private ranches just north of here...

agreed that north Eagle Canyon etc would be a travesty... This is central southern (I'm sure we all know this spot) but plenty of time down there and on Eva Connover as well...

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote