View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #90
thecanoeguy OP
just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer: 1,789
bike was fine after i ditched the extra filter and cleaned the one in the tank
i headed up to Luaka as i was on my way north to Mpulungu , i spent half a day in Lusaka trying to find a tyre , Kal tyre ,if anyone needs a new tyre , its a Kenda and was about $60

safety first here in Africa

selling charcoal , these stalls all over the place

i went to Subway to get a feed and camed back and noticed my kill switch was all limp and did not work , , thete were a bunch of guys standing about , one offered to push me as the ignition still worked , so 2 guys push started me for a fee of course and 1 tried to steal my tyre ,nice guys
so i got back to the backpackers and started to pull the hippo down , they had tried to yank some wiring and smashed my kill switch , i managed to trace it with my trusty little test light and it was broken in the kill switch start button loom , whil i had it apart mt exhaust had been leaking at the join next to ythe airbox , the heat melted a hole in my airbox , do out with the prattly putty , all fixed except i needed to find a starter button , no luck, so it was a coin to bridge the fucked switch hanging off the bars
i then headed north and turned off towards Democratic republic of Congo
nice campground in the middle of nowhere

friendly staff

I have a Safari tank ,so better head in to the Safari Bar

I went in the 25 km to the place where doctor Livingstone died ,I presume

these guys ride on some rough ole tracks on a Bajaj Bicycle

i even visited a palace , pretty modest if i must say so

Hello Mista , how are you

DRC in the background

Lakes like oceans

glad i didn't pitch my tent here

Had my own AK47 equipped guard while at the bank

making bricks

selling slate , these guys were making gravel from rocks by hand with hammers , now that is hard work

they live in shacks but have phones in the boonies

spot of fishing

kids being kids

the local bus

thecanoeguy is online now   Reply With Quote