Old 08-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #48
marquezren
n00b

Oddometer: 3
August, 2012 Ride to Prudhoe Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic View Post
Dalton Hwy Part 2!

Riding my heavy touring bike, 2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide, with my wife and my bike packed with all my gears plus a 6 gallon auxiliary tank hanging in the back of my top box.

We left Fairbanks at about 5:00 am., and ride straight non stop and arrive in Prudhoe Bay at midnight on the same rainy condition as you had.

Next morning after having a picture taken at the Prudhoe Bay store, as we ride towards the main road, my front tire lost traction and the bike is sliding. I counter steer couple of times and occupy almost the whole width of the road until I was able to straighten it out and avoid crashing on the soupy dirt and mud. That is when I realized that the traffic on both sides had stop and waited for me. After that my wife is crying and begging me to just ship our bike back to Fairbanks. But I finally convince her to keep riding and everything would be alright. We arrive in Coldfoot with out any more incident and camp for the night then continue our ride to Key West, Florida to finish the Iron Butt Association's Ultimate Coast to Coast Ride.

Good Luck on your adventure and ride safe.
marquezren is offline   Reply With Quote