View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
Jbone11 11 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
You are wise Douf, to be sure. For the purposes of this particular thread Im concentrating on parts for the bike itself as I have learned from my time riding in the Italian Alps and Dolomites as well as the Apennines that warm, waterproof gear is a must for happy riding.

The coldest I've hit on the bike so far has been going over the Stelvio in early June....still lots of Snow with overcast and rainy conditions....the temps dropped to about 0C...maybe touch less AND believe it or not in Rome over the winter: Took my Ducati 748 to the shops and thought...."Geez...its chilly today!" then I rode past a scooter that had gone down on a giant puddle from a broken water main that was frozen solid....that ride sucked a bit... I remember huging the vents in the fairings at stop lights for warmth LOL!

As for agony in the hands....ugh...I know it brother. Heated gloves sound very appealing, just need to find a pair that are not too bulky. As for a jacket, I've found Im plenty warm with a good liner and outter protection, and considering I won't be doing more than short commuting in the colder months, I think I'll wait until next season for the electric vest/jacket.
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote