View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyguy View Post
I just registered as well, going to be first time for me! Does anyone know how and where to refuel along the way?
there is gas stations along the tracks all day. you need capacity to go 90 miles between gas stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyguy View Post
Thanks, I never used a roll chart before and when I read the info on the D37 forums, it said that the charts will be handed out at the beginning of the event.
I was also looking for any gps tracks and couldn't find any for this year's ride.
Sorry for my noob questions.
buy a roll chart holder. info on page 1. it's not hard to use, just make sure your ODO works and have a Garmin GPS.

no need for past tracks. it's desert riding. mostly 2 track and power line roads. some single track on the "hard routes" which are voluntary and will join up with the regular route. and the tracks change every year.

be advised that there is a lot of sand. it's the desert. and rocks. again, it's the desert.

it will be cold at 6AM. last year it was 40, the year before it was 25. daytime temps can be in the 80's but probably most likely the mid 60's to mid 70's.

dress in layers and think about installing heated grips. buy a balaclava, winter gloves, and maybe a skull cap.

in the 5 years I've done this ride, it has not rained, but is a possibility. have a rain pullover ready or pack a trash bag. and some guys wear rubber surgical gloves under their moto gloves to hold in the heat on cold mornings.

go to the District 37 forum and download the entry page. it has other info in it for you.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote