Originally Posted by Jbone11 11
Can someone please explain this one to me???
Yeah, he gotcha with that list... but don't take it too hard. When it gets down to 10° and there's frost on your seat you will looooove
butt pad, DAMHIK.
Plus, you'll get to listen to all manner of pithy comments from your friends and coworkers about pimped rides and what not. But, it's the same reason I run a Beadrider
from May to Oct, for that matter, just the other end of the thermometer, dontcha know. Don't be an asshat slave to fashion- it's your
Let's see, what are the first five things I did to my 990 (just bought it this past June):
- Cee Bailey's windscreen and Bikemaster adj. mirrors- turbulence pretty much gone now (I commute daily at high speeds.)
- CJ sidestand relocater- EXCELLENT quality insurance product for your engine.
- Black Dog rear rack- EXCELLENT utility product as I need to pack crap to/fr work. Plus is ready to take RotopaX.
- Found a used set of KTM/Trax black alum boxes and racks on the Parts subforum for a bit over 1/2 retail.
- Black Dog skid plate- another EXCELLENT quality insurance product for your engine.
I got the dealer to throw on the R model fuel map, and a set of crash bars for 1/2 price that I put on the week I got the bike, so not counting this- but easily could make the list.
Next five, currently working on:
- Fuzeblock accessory switchable circuits fuse block
- Heated grips and ProGrip Gel grips
- Semi-mounted Heatroller for grips and portable dual Heatroller for jacket and gloves.
- CJ oil drain hose kit
- CJ sidestand height adjust mod w/big foot.
After that, depending on availability of funds, not necessarily in this order:
- suspension mods- springs, revalving up front
- ECU cable and TuneECU software
- Barkbusters Storm handguards
- Rottweiler intake kit
- Euro headlight conversion w/HID
- Pirelli Scorpion Rally front tire
- slightly lower profile custom seat