View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #467
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
Can't wait to read it. The summary that is.

Thanks again Bryan for all the time and effort you put into this! If you weren't willing to step up to the plate and represent us, coordinate us, and keep us informed, I doubt any of this would ever happen
Thanks booms. There are a bunch of people that advocate around the state for a variety of projects and interests. Local clubs and advocates get a lot done in their local areas and that is key to us developing more places to ride. Some people work very hard on things like trying to develop private parks. Some people work issues like fighting battles over noise complaints. All these people contribute to making it a better world for our recreational interests. Being retired, I am in a good position to work the meetings and contacts, initiate some projects, serve on a council and committees, and concentrate on things like this legislation project. It is a slow and sometimes tedious process. There is no pay and it costs me (and others) a significant amount of money to chase around on this stuff. In the end, some good things will evolve for all of us.