View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,531
Wicked

dang, where's the rest? what a tease! i'll try to fill in some blanks..

Hi, i'm the second participant on this trip, we've got the planning done, got the bikes in order, we did our research, we tried on crotch-cooling undies and bought our bug spray. LETS GO!

here's what i'll be piloting:

2006 Suzuki DR650
mileage: ~30k
mods: SeatConcepts, KX500 forks, DRZ400 rear shock, Acerbis 5g tank, 18" rear wheel, skidplate, DirtBags, PTT coms, DoubleTake mirrors, PT woods low bars & risers, 320mm rotor, GSXR pipe, lowered pegs.

DR650 with a shit-ton of mileage, lovingly referred to as "You Miserable Bitch!" because well, she can be a little temperamental at times...and she likes to throw her weight around.

we built our box and test fit the bike (note the ATGATT)

....errrr, i mean the bikeS fit just fine:

we both invested in some gear for the ride, hopefully it works. i mean come on, all we have to be prepared for is heat, cold, rain and tornados; how hard can it be.... right?

Moose jacket, Klim Mojave pants, Tech8s, impenetrable underwear, cooling socks, mandals and sweat proof t-shirts.

we are both also sporting the Leatt 3DF soft body armor. (which i think makes me look like Tony Stark....)

"it puts it's shit in the box!"

box took 6 days to reach Knoxville and a few attempts to get it off the truck, but all is safe & sound and ready to rock.

next stop Tennessee! where we will be riding some Tail.......of the Dragon you perv!

let's get this party started! if you see one of these, we were there!

some thanks so far:

DualSportTouring.com - Francois is a class act
FealSuspension - OMG, these forks & shock are sooo much better, can't wait to get it in the dirt!
ProVisionLogistics - Great service, Great communication, Great pricing! Thank you Tami!
The One Armed Bandit & Company - John Payne, what a guy! Thank you!
David D & Jerry Ellis - Clarendon, AR Thank you!

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203

vintagespeed screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 10:23 AM Reason: moar
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote