View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #1549
BykBoy
Meshuganeh

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegee View Post
I'm on day 2 after installing the X-cree tour screen from twistedthrottle. This is on top of my large Aeroflow screen which is over a cut down stock screen (~4 inches cut off). So far it has been amazing, and it is adjustable.
+1 on the X-Creen.

I installed the Variable version on my rally style CF screen and I love it! You can read more about my installation here.

The main reason I got the X-Creen was it's wide range of adjust-ability. On the road, I keep it extended all the way up. like this:

With the X-Creen up, I can ride with my Arai XD open at 65 MP and still listen to music om my earphones. There is still a little buffeting, but much less than without the X-Creen.

Off-road, I fold it all the way down. Like this:

When it's folded down, it's almost invisible to the rider.

As for durability, the screen is surprisingly tough. I recently hit a tree with the X-Creen folded all the way down riding a single track in Michaux. The screen too a direct hit with full impact at very low speeds. The only damage to the screen was a broken mount, which I was able to replace for $3.95 from TwistedThrottle.