View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
kelsow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Well I didn't get woken by the dead but there was this train that blew it's whistle numerous times, just enough to wake me fully at 4:00.
Oh well, at least it got dark at 10:30...
I hit the road at 8:00 this was the first thing of interest I see,

It's the start of more dirt and about 30 train track crossings. I think it's safe to say that this section of dirt will never be paved, which is fine as it is
a lot of fun, providing you have the right tires and would be even more fun if you have some skills and a KTM 990. I don't.

Some of the dust was so thick, I would have to pull off the road to let it settle for a few seconds.

The road leads you to Gagnon which has an interesting past. http://www.ghosttownpix.com/ontario/towns/gagnon.html

More pavement and more fires in the distance,

Here as well. I saw many cabins that had been burned to the ground but many people had already started to rebuild.

Fire crew getting ready to break for lunch,

This too was all dirt 2 years ago,

Next stop was Manic 5. Pictures do not do this place justice. It's MASSIVE!

From Manic 5 to Baie Comeau was very twisty tarmac and I only had to pass one car the entire time. Unbelieveable really.

This pic if for my buddy Greg. No fucks were given,

I headed west till I got to Portneuf-sur-Mer. I managed to find a camp site for 15 bux with laundry facilities.
There was "Camping Karaoke" at this campground which proved to be very entertaining, for the singer. If you didn't own a boat
you could spend hours on any of the numerous ATV trails. Ugh!

Good times. Tomorrow, Quebec City.
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote