View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #348
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,159
I have the rear wheel leak-less again! The parts from Inmate gefr are at the PO, I will pick up tomorrow. All of the parts may be on the way from KTMTwins, except for one tool that I can get by without. They say it was shipped Thursday, but UPS still does not show it as being picked up! I am in Mississippi and my house sale closes Wednesday. I don't know if the parts will arrive before I vacate the house or not. I really wanted to change my water pump shaft and seal in my garage with full access to all of my tools. That may not be possible now! I plan on leaving for south Mexico in the next 9 or 10 days. I will only be gone about five weeks. I must decide whether to do the shaft and seal before I go or wait till I get back. I would expect to ride no more than 6,000 miles on this ride, which would put the moto at 34,000 miles. What do y'all think, change it before I leave or take it with me and hope to make it back to Mississippi before it is needed? Even if it is needed then!

My list for updates, spares, modification as of August 23, 2013 at 27,975 miles include:

CJDesigns SS Oil Drain Tube with my modification- Completed

Spare Fork Seal - On Moto

Adjusting Steering Stops - Completed

Convert Rear Wheel to Tubeless -Completed

Anti Siege the Axle Adjusting Bolts - Completed

Trim Mudguard that is hitting Swingarm - Completed

Loctite and Torque Screws on Plastic Chain Slider protector - Completed

Flapendectomy - Completed

Bypassed Canister and vent tanks directly to ground - Completed

2 Fuel Filter Kits from gefr - install one, other for spare, establish as 20,000 mile PM - Completed

Received spare O-Rings for clutch slave cylinder from yellowbronco - Completed.

Spare fuel pump from gefr - Completed

Drill Drainage holes in Swingarm - ???

Order Water Pump rebuild kit - Ordered

Purchase Crashbar Bags from akarob. - Completed

Purchase under seat tray from hontri - Completed

Clean Clutch Oil Jet and make PM - Completed

Please offer advise as to included items and/or items to include.

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 08:00 AM
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote