View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1550
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Coming from a 1st gen Concours, which has just about the best wind/weather coverage you will find on any bike of any year, the 990 was a bit of a culture shock in more ways than one. Mind you, I was looking for a change- and was ready to deal with some issues- but knew I would have to do something about the airflow. I've run Cee Bailey's shields for years on my Connie, so thought I'd give the 15" one a try (I prefer seeing (well) over my shields.) This definitely helped alot- but did not get it quite to the point I was hoping for. After reading through a ton of this thread, I decided to try the mirror test. Wow, what a difference. A riding bud said he had picked up a couple cheap adjustable mirrors at Iron Pony for his WR250; I took a look at them and decided to give them a try. Was able to get them way down by the hand guards and still have good rear visibility- and on the first ride I knew this was the answer! Airflow was sooooo much cleaner and smoother, I was amazed. I will probably try it again now with the stock shield just to see how much of a difference the CB made, for comparison purposes.

FYI, these were Bikemaster mirrors, $19.95 apiece at IP- hard to go wrong. I'll try to add a picture later this evening.
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is online now   Reply With Quote