View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #41
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,108
What a season so far! Marquez is just incredible... And keep in mind, he's ahead in points and didn't finish one race. Imagine what it would look like if he hadn't taken himself out in Mugello... and yeah, yeah, I know he's not the only one not to finish a race... He's exciting to watch and isn't afraid to make a pass. He's soooo comfortable with relying on the traction control to bring him sliding around corners. I'm not saying he's replacing skill with electronics; I'm just saying he's damn good at maximizing the capabilities of the traction control.

If Dani doesn't turn it up at the end this season, like he did last year, he'll never get a MotoGP world title. This season is his best chance at ever getting one. Marquez is just too fast as a rookie to ever expect Pedrosa to keep ahead in points in subsequent seasons. I honestly don't expect him to take the title this season. He's not really one of my favorite racers... But I'd kinda like to see the little guy win a title.

It's so disappointing that Crutchlow traded the capacity to win for money... But if I were in his position, I'd do the same thing. Trophies don't pay the bills. I hope he puts in some good races before switching to team red next year. I REALLY wish he would have gotten a factory ride (a REAL factory ride, that is).

I'd love to see Rossi do more winning... But I really don't think he can compete with the aliens race after race any longer. Hell, even the one race he won was arguably due to JLo being injured (though, maybe not). He's still my favorite racer... But he's a dinosaur in this sport. I hope I'm dead wrong though!

Lorenzo... Meh. He's Lorenzo. It was pretty badass how he raced right after surgery and how he well he treated the mentally challenged girl that designed his helmet art... Pure class... But I still can't bring myself to like the guy.

My prediction for this race? One of the top five gets Bautista'd and screws up the points standings.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote