View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
243Win
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
basically a wanderer

On my first trip, I only had one destination to make and the getting there was on a whim. On my second trip, I had some idea of what I wanted to do and then never did it, I simply rode in the direction that the weather looked the nicest.

On both trips, I was unemployed and the destination and duration of the trip wasn't set in stone for the most part.

Since I've had little to no chance to ride this summer and no vacation to speak of as well, I'll probably at some point this winter, trailer my XT down to Death Valley and ride about for a period of time. If I don't trailer one of my DR's down and do Baja instead. Either way, I'm not going to endure miserable weather in the winter on a bike to escape the NW, I'll trailer it and ride in the area of my general destination.

At some point in the future, I can see myself doing remote trips, where the bike is pulled out of storage at some faraway place, ridden to another faraway place and tucked into a storage unit to await my return. One of the DR's will probably get that duty.

For maximum flexibility, I tend to travel solo. I have not time or patience to argue with travel mates regarding what to eat, where to stay, which direction to ride or for how long.

10 State Trip 2010
2011, $1000 in the pocket, how far can we go

243Win screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 06:13 PM
243Win is offline   Reply With Quote