View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #4096
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
So to continue... and yes, the bike does get dirty. It just happened to be clean when I took the pics!!!

I fitted a Scottoiler the other day and am still experimenting with the drip rate. The shiny thin tube zip-tied to the rear cylinder coolant pipe is the vacum line which operates the Vsystem unit.

Shows the oil line and dispenser tube which I will trim back. Overall the installation is quite neat n tidy.

The GIVI quick detach pannier frames are a thing of close fitting beauty... on the left hand side...

...but not on the right hand side, yikes! My plan is to reposition the Remus pipe to fit under the RH pannier then cut the arms off the main rectangle pannier frame, shorten then re-weld and re-powder coat. I intend to use GIVI 33L Trekker boxes because they are not too heavy unlike some pannier boxes, quite narrow at 21.5cm and best of all not very expensive yet well made. The total pannier width with these boxes will be 83cm. By comparison the relatively narrow Yamaha XTZ1200 panniers are 89cm wide while the R1200GS Adventure's heavy alloy boxes are over a metre wide! Good for some but I hate having too much "wind-age" ...no good for tyre wear, fuel consumption and squeezing between the trees!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 06:51 PM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote