View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Decepticon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Question KTM 990 Adventure Problem With Ralenti

Hi Everyone!

I am new in this page and I wanted to start posting with a different topic, but my anxiety grew stronger than my patience.

Last friday I left my KaTy M. in the garaje, aproximately 30 km before gas reserve signal. Wednesday I came back to ride it but the bike was very hard to start. If i gassed it, it ran, but she could not sustain the engine running at ralenti, at 1500 RPM.

I could make it to my job with her, turning off at every traffic light. I drove enough to need a gas fill . When I stopped to refill (only one tank) I moved the wires and connectors of the gas pump. I restarted it and she sustained ralenti at 1000 RPM. I filled the tank and ran away.

But the problem wasn´t that. The battery died because of the multiple start overs and traffic lights in the city. The electrician doesn´t know what the problem should be, and I think he is too lazy to discover. I want to do it myself.

Things you should know: In my country the best gas is 92 octane, and regular is 87. I fill it indistinctively with both and the performance is the same. The Injection mapping is disconnected to deal with that thrashy gas here.

Thanks for any hint.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote