View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #97
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Easy answer. (although tahoeracer will be better suited to give details) If you are looking at the PCV map on our site for the ADV, that was made by our dyno location and was about 13:4 AFR.

More fuel, does not equal more power. Most race bikes are on the edge of lean to make the most power. What dyno guys are usually shooting for is a balance of the two. Making power, but safely. Based on the stock mapping, depending on what it is, leaning it out in certain areas will produce more power AND better mileage. We get reports all the time from customers like this.

The chart below show a before and after with the Rottweiler Intake System on a Super Duke. Starting with a zero PCV map (stock mapping) and then actually making the AFR leaner you will notice it's making 8 more HP at a leaner but very safe AFR. Win -win. (sorry for the size)
It is absolutely true that more fuel does not equal more power, but I am not aware what the safe AFR is. I think I would go a bit richer something like 13.0-13.2. Maybe Tahoecr will enlighten us here.
I would be very interested to see dyno charts and PCV maps of an adv with stock vs CPR filter and exactly the same AFR target map!
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote